Sunday, April 4, 2021

Magazine Article

 Hey guys! Today I worked on my magazine article! Last week I spoke with my teacher on how I should approach this. She recommended using Canva a great graphic design platform that can help in creating the article. She also helped me brainstorm ideas as to what my article should be about. We came up with a couple of ideas: an article featuring highlights from the series, an article of it being an upcoming film, or a director's interview. I have decided to do the director's interview article! My teacher also recommended I check out the articles on Entertainment Weekly and Documentary Magazine. Today I spent time looking through these websites as well as reading director interviews. 

Here are some links to interviews I read:

https://filmmakermagazine.com/111199-we-sat-down-and-considered-pushing-production-to-spring-of-2020-erin-vassilopoulos-on-superior/   


https://filmmakermagazine.com/102444-jon-nguyen-on-david-lynch-the-art-life-how-twin-peaks-delayed-production-and-the-downside-of-kickstarter/


The second link is interviewing a director from a documentary. Reading them not only helped in viewing their structure, but also what kinds of questions I can include. After reading through a couple more from this website https://filmmakermagazine.com/category/director-interviews/, I went on canva to search for a template. I couldn't find a template for a film article, but I have decided on this travel one, which I can use to create my magazine article. I believe I will be done with the article as well as the extract by the end of this week! See you guys in the next blog!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

 The  documentary series, "Immigrants in America", is a series in which people from all over the world share their experience with...