Saturday, April 3, 2021

Documentary Conventions

 Hey guys! Today I spent time researching. While editing this week, I was thinking of how to put things together. I realized I lacked in research. I researched the genre conventions for my piece. My favorite website I found was research site. It was heavy in information. I found that many of the conventions listed and discussed I was already including. For example, talking heads and voice over narration. It also gave me a great idea to use archival footage and photographs, which according to the article, Archival materials include old photographs, newsreel footage, and even shots from fiction films. It gave me the idea to use footage from when I visited my family in Romania. Romania was actually the first time I used my drone, hopefully I can find the footage, it has been a few years since then. I also want to use old photographs from my fathers work in Romania. I will get on adding those to my documentary, I am beyond excited with how it is turning out. Up next is finishing my magazine article! I will discuss this tomorrow in the next blog! 😁

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

 The  documentary series, "Immigrants in America", is a series in which people from all over the world share their experience with...