Friday, March 5, 2021

Planning, planning, planning

 Hey guys! Wow it's been the longest week EVER! Happy Friday everyone 😊 this week has been planning week 2, the final week in planning. Of course that's the plan which I plan to stick to, but also can't rush the process. Enough about that! Let's get to what I've been up to, while this week has felt extremely never-ending, I've gotten some exciting news, which include college acceptances and... finalized ideas!!! yayyyyy!

I wanna say that while I wasn't really blogging, I was definitely brainstorming/stressing to finalize my idea. I want to take you guys on the process of how I came to my conclusion. First, I want to begin my saying that research has been extremely fun, I love watching documentaries, and I've watch plenty this week along with my parents, which is actually the reason as to why I choose the documentary package, I wanted to do something I am truly passionate about. Now I want to say that I really thought about what was discussed in my class group discussion, where I told you all that we decided it would be best for me to focus on one topic of coming to America in my "American Dream" docu series. I didn't know what topic to choose, in class we discussed the process of obtaining a visa. While, that topic is great, I wanted to keep it simple. So I thought to myself, let me break it down, I only need a 5 minute extract, I am still thinking too big, so I thought smaller. I decided to pick which part of the documentary I would use for my extract. I decided it be best to film the beginning of the documentary, start with how they came to America. Everyone has there unique story for immigrating to the United States. It is of course how my piece would start before delving into deeper parts, like the struggles (ok side note, writing down "struggles" made me realize that it would be a good idea to film about their struggles as an immigrant, shoot now I'm torn). I think what I am going to do is either combine the two or I will consult with my classmates to see which idea they like more. For now though, I know that I want my 5 minute extract to be the beginning of the documentary, it's something I am familiar with especially since last years portfolio project consisted of creating a film opening, it's not the same, but it's similar. 


I hope you guys enjoyed today's blog! Now that I have a more finalized idea, I will talk to my classmates and create my storyboard! Yayy! See you guys in the next blog!😁✌

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

 The  documentary series, "Immigrants in America", is a series in which people from all over the world share their experience with...